EFA Essentials 120's
Benefits & Features
- Supports joint, skin and eye health
- May support healthy tear production
- Blend of fish oil and borage oil in one dietary supplement to provide essential fatty acids
- Made with triglyceride-form fish oil and coldpressed borage seed
- Convenient softgel capsule for easy dispensing
- Ages 18 and up
- Joint health support
- Skin and eye support
As a dietary supplement, take 2 capsules, 1-2 times daily, with meals.
Science & Research
Extensive clinical research has indicated that essential fatty acids support the health of joints, skin and eyes. EPA, DHA and GLA support joint, skin and eye health through a broad range of mechanisms involving cytokine balance, protease activity, immune mediator activity and blood flow. The importance of GLA has been underscored by clinical studies with favorable musculoskeletal and dermatologic outcomes. While omega-3 fatty acids are utilized for the biosynthesis of prostaglandin E3, the omega-6 fatty acid, GLA, is an important precursor of prostaglandin E1.1 Together, EPA, DHA and GLA help to balance eicosanoid production in diverse cell types, including chondrocytes in joints, keratinocytes of the skin and epithelial cells of the eye. EPA, DHA and GLA support joint health by maintaining healthy cytokine activity and matrix protease expression.2 GLA also supports skin elasticity and hydration through promoting peripheral blood flow and nutrient delivery.3 Clinical research has indicated important roles of fish oil and GLA-rich oils in maintaining moisture retention in the epithelia of the eyes.4 Studies have indicated that EPA and DHA support ocular hydration through promoting healthy tear production and tear film osmolarity in normally functioning eyes.4 GLA provides additional support for ocular health by maintaining mucin production and healthy tear film characteristics.5
- Aragona P, et al. Invest Ophthal Visual Sci. Dec 2005;46:4474-9.
- Adam O, et al. Rheumatol Int. 2003 Jan;23(1):27-36.
- Brosche T, et al. Arch Gerontol Geriatr. 2000 Mar-Apr;30(2):139-50.
- Mohammadpour M, et al. J Cur Ophthalmol. 2017;29(1), 33-8.
- Barabino S, et al. Cornea. 2003 Mar;22(2):97-101.
If you are pregnant or lactating, have any health condition or are taking any medication, consult your health professional before use.
Store in a cool, dry place.
- Pure Encapsulations EPA/DHA products are molecularly distilled and microfiltered
- Sourced mainly from sardines and anchovies off the coast of Chile or Norway.
- Tested for contaminants including heavy metals, dioxans and furans, PCBs, peroxides and anisidine
- Borage oil is a cold-pressed oil derived from the seed and produced without the use of solvents
- The proprietary antioxidant blend is derived from a combination of rosemary extract, mixed tocopherols derived from highly purified soybean oil and ascorbyl palmitate derived from corn dextrose fermentation and palm oil