Benefits & Features
- Promotes the production of dopamine to support daily cognitive function and performance on mental tasks
- Supports the stability of dopamine and maintains healthy dopamine reuptake
- Protects neuronal health and function
- Supports mood
- Includes folate as Metafolin® 5- methyltetrahydrofolate (L-5-MTHF), the universally metabolized and biologically active form of folate
- Part of the PureSYNAPSE;&trade product line
- Made with high-quality vegetarian ingredients backed by verifiable science
- Ages 18 and up
- Cognitive support
- Positive mood support
As a dietary supplement, take 3 capsules, 1-2 times daily, with low protein foods.
Science & Research
DopaPlus promotes the production of dopamine to support daily cognitive function and performance on mental tasks. This formula provides the dopamine precursors L-tyrosine and L-DOPA (from Mucuna pruriens). In a randomized, controlled, double-blind, crossover trial, Mucuna pruriens supplementation promoted L-DOPA plasma concentrations.1 The cofactors vitamin B6 , folate (as Metafolin® L-5-MTHF) and zinc support dopamine production.2 Studies show that supporting optimal serum levels of these nutrients promote positive mood.3 Rhodiola and green tea polyphenols promote the stability of dopamine and maintain healthy dopamine reuptake.4 Grape seed proanthocyanidins support cognitive function and mental sharpness.5 Green tea and grape seed polyphenols help to maintain neuronal health and function.6
- Katzenschlager R, et al. J Neurol NeurosurgPsychiatry 2004;75:1672-1677.
- Passeri M, et al. Aging (Milano). 1993 Feb;5(1):63-71.
- Ranjbar E, et al. Nutr Neurosci. 2014 Feb;17(2):65-71.
- Darbinyan V, et al. Nord J Psychiatry.2007;61(6):503.
- Asha Devi S, et al. Exp Gerontol. 2011 Nov;46(11):958-64.
- Niu K, et al. Am J Clin Nutr. 2009 Dec;90(6):1615-22
Not to be taken by pregnant or lactating women. Take with food. If you have liver problems, any other health condition or are taking any medication, particularly psychiatric medication, consult your health professional before use. Do not use concurrently with antidepressants, antipsychotics or drugs used to treat Parkinson's disease.
Store in a cool, dry place.
- Pyridoxal 5' phosphate and folate (Metafolin® , L- 5-MTHF) are synthetic
- Magnesium and zinc are derived from elemental ore
- L-tyrosine is derived from corn dextrose fermentation
- L-DOPA is derived from Mucuna pruriens seeds, the extract is standardized to contain 15% LDOPA
- Rhodiola extract is derived from Rhodiola rosea root and standardized to contain 3% total rosavins and 1% salidroside
- Grape seed extract is derived from Vitis vinifera and standardized to contain 92% polyphenols
- Green tea extract is decaffeinated and derived from Camellia sinensis leaf and standardized to contain 90% total tea catechins and 70% EGCG