Benefits & Features
- Promotes strength, flexibility and comfort of spinal discs
- Helps maintain healthy calcium metabolism
- Supports healthy immune mediator activity
- Comprehensive blend of nutrients including vitamins D3 and K2
- Ages 18 and up
- Spinal disc integrity support
As a dietary supplement, take 2 capsules daily, with meals, or as directed by a health professional.
Science & Research
This formula addresses the unique nutritional needs of intervertebral cartilage (IVC). IVC is avascular, wears differently, and is affected by different nutritional factors compared to articular cartilage. The basics of healthy disc composition involve glucosamine, chondroitin and collagen. Glucosamine supports spinal disc integrity and has the potential to support the strength of the disc under compressive loads.1 In postmenopausal women, the healthy composition of the lumbar spine is directly related to collagen content.2 This formula may also support healthy advanced glycation end product activity, healthy immune mediator activity and healthy calcium metabolism. Advanced glycation end products may reduce the ability of the intervertebral disc to produce proteoglycans, which comprise healthy disc matrix.3 The age-related increase in advanced glycation end products also contributes to stiffening of the spine.4 l-Carnosine, grape seed extract and alpha lipoic acid help to maintain healthy advanced glycation end product metabolism and provide antioxidant protection.5 Cartilage end plate calcification also affects disc function and longevity. Vitamin K2 as menaquinone-7 also maintains a healthy balance of calcium uptake into extra-skeletal tissues.6 Devil's claw supports day-to-day spinal comfort and flexibility as demonstrated by German studies,7 while boswellia offers key support for musculoskeletal comfort.8
- Gruenwald J, et. al. Adv Ther. 2009 Sep;26(9):858-71.
- Garnero P, et. al. Arthritis Rheum. 2004 Oct;50(10):3137-44.
- Yokosuka K, et. al. J Neurosurg Spine. 2006 Oct;5(4):324-9.
- Schauss AG, et. al. J Agric Food Chem. 2012 Apr 25;60(16):4096-101.
- Dersoa G, et. al. Int J Mol Sci. 2016 Oct 28;17(11):1802.
- Knapen MHJ, et. al. Osteoporos. Int. 2013 Sep;24(9):2499-507.
- Chrubasik S, et. al. Phytomedicine. 1996 May;3(1):1-10.
- Kimmatkar N, et. al. Phytomedicine. 2003 Jan;10(1):3-7.
Not to be taken by pregnant or lactating women. Vitamin K may be contraindicated with Coumadin (Warfarin). If you have any health condition or are taking any medication, particularly blood thinning medication, consult your health professional before use.
Store in a cool, dry place.
- Vitamin D3 is derived from lanolin
- Vitamin K2 (menaquinone-7) is derived from flower extracts geraniol and farnesol
- Hydrolyzed collagen complex is derived from chicken sternal cartilage and typically provides 60% hydrolyzed collagen, 20% chondroitin sulfate and 10% hyaluronic acid
- Glucosamine HCl is derived from crab and shrimp
- l-Carnosine (beta-alanyl-l-histidine) and alpha lipoic acid are synthetic
- Devil's claw extract is derived from Harpagophytum procumbens root and standardized to contain 5% harpagosides
- Boswellia serrata extract is derived from gum resin and standardized to contain 70% boswellic acids
- Grape seed extract is derived from Vitis viniferaand standardized to contain 92% polyphenols
- Ascorbyl palmitate is derived from corn dextrose fermentation and palm oil