DHEA 10 mg
Benefits & Features
- Supports healthy immune cell activity and immune system function
- Supports emotional well-being
- May promote a healthy ratio of lean muscle to fat mass
- Micronized DHEA for enhanced absorption
- Made with high-quality vegan ingredients backed by verifiable science
- Ages 18 and up
- Immune function support
- Emotional well-being support
- Lean body mass
- Reproductive function support
DHEA 5 mg: As a dietary supplement, take 1 capsule, 1-2 times daily, with meals, or as directed by a health professional.
DHEA 10 mg and 25 mg: As a dietary supplement, take 1 capsule daily, with a meal.
Science & Research
DHEA, dehydroepiandrosterone, is the most abundant adrenal steroid hormone in the body. After it is made by the adrenal glands, it travels into cells throughout the body where it is converted into androgens and estrogens. These hormones regulate fat and mineral metabolism, endocrine and reproductive function, and energy levels.1,2,3 The amount of each hormone to which DHEA converts to depends on an individual's biochemistry, age and sex. DHEA levels peak around age 25 and then decline steadily. DHEA supplementation supports emotional well-being and immune function.4,5
- Weiss EP, et al. Aging (Albany NY). 2011 May;3(5):533-42.
- Fusi FM, et al. Gynecol Endocrinol. 2013 Oct;29(10):940-3.
- Casson PR, et al. Fertil Steril. 1998 Jul;70(1):107-10.
- Khorram O, et al. J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci. 1997 Jan;52(1):M1-7.
- Casson PR, et al. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1993 Dec;169(6):1536-9.
NOT FOR USE BY INDIVIDUALS UNDER THE AGE OF 18 YEARS. DO NOT USE IF PREGNANT OR NURSING. Consult a physician or licensed qualified healthcare professional before using this product if you have, or have a family history of, breast cancer, prostate cancer, prostate enlargement, heart disease, low "good" cholesterol (HDL), or if you are using any other dietary supplement, prescription drug, or over-the-counter drug. Do not exceed recommended serving. Exceeding recommended serving may cause serious adverse health effects. Possible side effects include acne, hair loss, hair growth on the face (in women), aggressiveness, irritability, and increased levels of estrogen. Discontinue use and call a physician or licensed qualified healthcare professional immediately if you experience rapid heartbeat, dizziness, blurred vision, or other similar symptoms. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. To report any adverse event call 1-800-332-1088.
CAUTION ATHLETES: DHEA is classified as a prohibited substance by certain sports organizations, as well as the World Anti-Doping Association (WADA). Please consult the rules of your specific organization to determine if DHEA is prohibited.
Store in a cool, dry place.
- The compound diosgenin is extracted from wild yam and undergoes a proprietary synthetic process to develop DHEA. The human body cannot metabolize wild yam into DHEA. This process can only take place in a laboratory. Pure Encapsulations® DHEA is micronized to increase absorption. It is made with 99% pure, pharmaceutical grade DHEA
- Vitamin C (ascorbyl palmitate) is derived from corn dextrose fermentation and palm oil
- Hypoallergenic plant fiber is derived from pine cellulose