Benefits & Features
- Promotes daily cognitive performance and mental sharpness
- Supports cellular energy and optimal neuronal function
- Enhances healthy brain phospholipid composition
- Contains a blend of clinically researched Cognizen® citicoline, acetyl-L-carnitine, Sharp-PS® phosphatidylserine, and cofactors
- Part of the PureSYNAPSE™ product line
- Made with high-quality vegan ingredients backed by verifiable science
- Ages 18 and up
- Healthy cognitive function, positive mood and relaxation support
As a dietary supplement, take 2 capsules, 1-2 times daily, with meals, or as directed by a health professional.
Science & Research
Acetyl-l-carnitine (ALC) offers support for cellular energy, mood and neuronal function. A meta-analysis of 21 randomized controlled studies and 1,204 older subjects indicated that ALC offered statistically significant support for memory, performance and higher intellectual function.1 In other trials involving children, ALC promoted daily mental function and behavior in a subset of subjects.2,3 Citicoline and phosphatidylserine support healthy brain phospholipid composition. Phospholipids are essential for neuronal communication and protection. Research indicates that patented Cognizin® citicoline increases choline and phospholipid composition in the brain.4 Studies in children, middle-aged adults and elderly adults indicate that it supports healthy cognition across a wide age range. In two studies, one involving adolescent boys and another involving middle-aged women, 250-500 mg Cognizin® citicoline offered significant support for daily mental task performance.5,6 Numerous studies indicate phosphatidylserine promotes healthy mental acuity and behavior in elderly subjects, as well as children.7,8 Zinc and vitamin B6 are important cofactors for neuronal function.9,10
- Montgomery SA, et al. Int Clin Psychopharmacol. 2003 Mar;18(2):61-71.
- Arnold LE, et. al. J Child Adolesc Psychopharmacol. . 2007 Dec;17(6):791-802.
- Van Oudheusden LJ, et al. Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids. 2002 Jul;67(1):33-8.
- Silveri MM, et al. NMR Biomed. 2008 Nov;21(10):1066-75.
- McGlade E, et al. J Atten Disord. . 2015 Jul 15.
- McGlade E, et al. Food and Nutrition Sciences, , 2012, 3, 769-773.
- Kato-Kataoka A, et al. J Clin Biochem Nutr. 2010 Nov; 47(3): 246?255.
- Hirayama S, et al. J Hum Nutr Diet. . 2014 Apr;27 Suppl 2:284-91.
- Zamora J, et al. Arch Latinoam Nutr. 2011 Sep;61(3):242-6. Spanish.
- Deijen JB, et al. Psychopharmacology (Berl) . 1992;109(4):489-96.
If you are pregnant or lactating, have any health condition or are taking any medication, consult your health professional before use.
Store in a cool, dry place.
- Sharp-PS® GREEN phosphatidylserine is derived from sunflower lecithin
- Cognizen® citicoline is derived from fermentation
- Acetyl-l-carnitine and pyridoxyl 5' phosphate (vitamin B6) are synthetic
- Citrate is derived from corn dextrose fermentation
- Hypoallergenic plant fiber is derived from pine cellulose