CholestePure Plus II 120's
Benefits & Features
- Promotes lipid metabolism in support of heathy lipid profiles
- Supports phytosterol intake and overall cardiovascular health
- Promotes healthy lipid metabolism
- A unique blend of phytosterols, berberine and clinically studied bergamot extract
- Soy-free formula
- Made with high-quality vegetarian ingredients backed by verifiable science
- Ages 18 and up
- Healthy lipid metabolism and cardiometabolic support
As a dietary supplement, take 2 capsules, 1-2 times daily, with meals.
Science & Research
Phytosterols are structural homologs of cholesterol that occur naturally in many plant foods. Over 30 years of research and 40 clinical trials suggest that phytosterols provide significant support for healthy lipid profiles.1 CholestePure Plus II provides a unique blend of phytosterols, berberine and clinically studied bergamot extract to promote healthy lipid metabolism and overall cardiometabolic health. Well-established benefits of phytosterols on lipid balance stem primarily from competition with cholesterol for occupancy in micelles, particles that carry cholesterol across the intestinal epithelium into the systemic circulation. Through this mechanism, phytosterols promote excretion of cholesterol in the form of bile acids.2 Research indicates that the pine-derived phytosterols offered in this formula are comparable to phytosterols from other sources. Bergamot is a citrus fruit containing two newly discovered derivatives of the flavonoids, hesperidin and naringenin. These compounds are naturally conjugated to a moiety known as hydroxymethylglutarate (HMG). In the liver, this unique molecule binds and modulates an enzyme known as HMG CoA reductase, which plays a central role in lipid biosynthesis.3 These unique compounds also target enzymes, transcription factors and genes involved in lipid metabolism.In a study involving 192 volunteers, bergamot juice maintained healthy cholesterol and lipid levels in the normal range over a 30-day period.4 In a separate study of 80 subjects, 150 mg of flavonoids from Bergavit® 40 bergamot extract supported healthy lipid and glucose profiles over a 6-month period.5 Berberine supports cardiometabolic health through a variety of mechanisms, including support for glucose and lipid metabolism, antioxidant defenses and cytokine production. In a randomized, placebo-controlled trial involving 116 subjects, berberine provided statistically significant support for glucose and lipid metabolism. It also helps maintain endothelial function, potentially by promoting healthy vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 (VCAM-1) expression and healthy iNOS activity.6
- Chen JT, et al. Pharmacotherapy. 2005 Feb;25(2):171-83.
- Lau VW, et al. Am J Clin Nutr. 2005 Jun;81(6):1351-8.
- Di Donna L, et al. . J Nat Prod. 2009 Jul;72(7):1352-4.
- Mollace V, et al. (Unpublished data )
- Toth P, et al. Front. Pharmacol 06 January 2016
- Meng S, et al, Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol. 2012 May;39(5):406-11.
Not to be taken by pregnant or lactating women. If you have any health condition or are taking any medication, consult your health professional before use.
Store in a cool, dry place.
- PhytoPin® phytosterol complex is derived from pine (Pinus pinaster).
- Bergavit® extract is derived from bergamot (Citrus bergamia) fruit and standardized to contain 39% flavonoids.
- Berberine HCl is derived from Phellodendron amurense bark and Sargent's barberry (Berberis sargentiana).