Benefits & Features
- Offers a blend of caffeine and theanine to provide balanced energy support
- Brain energy for alertness and reaction time
- Promotes athletic endurance and performance
- Offers whole fruit coffee extract source of caffeine and polyphenols
- Provides 50 mg caffeine per capsule for individuals sensitive to higher doses of caffeine
- Includes theanine to moderate vascular and processing effects of caffeine
- Ages 18 and up
- Balanced energy and cognitive support
As a dietary supplement, take 2 capsules daily, with or between meals.
Science & Research
At low to moderate doses, caffeine has been shown to target the central nervous system (CNS) and act as cognitive support, promoting alertness, vigilance, attention, and reaction time.1 Research indicates that it promotes the encoding of new information and delays fatigue. In a study of 88 young adults, the ingestion of 200 mg caffeine significantly enhanced problem-solving abilities, although it did not alter working memory or creativity.2 It is believed to exert its effects on the CNS via the adenosine receptors, promoting neurotransmitter release and dopamine concentration, motor unit firing rates, and comfort.3 In a study of 15 professional e-gamers, 3 mg/kg body weight caffeine promoted accuracy and decreased reaction time.4 Numerous studies on athletes suggest that caffeine promotes endurance and performance output likely through these same mechanisms.5 In an incremental exercise-cycling study conducted in recreationally active men, 4 mg/kg body weight caffeine improved time to exhaustion by 12% and significantly decreased perception of effort and subjective fatigue.6 L-theanine is a component of green tea that promotes normal brain alpha-wave activity, helping calm the sympathetic nervous system for a relaxing effect without drowsiness. It also has been shown to support positive mood and cognitive function, in part by promoting healthy neurotransmitter function and neuroprotection. In combination studies, l-theanine has been reportedto moderate some of the effects of caffeine on the CNS, promoting vascular relaxation and local cognitive processing.7,8 Coffeeberry® is a concentrated whole coffee fruit extract from Coffea arabica containing naturally occurring caffeine and polyphenols. Preliminary research suggests coffee fruit polyphenols support healthy vascular endothelial function and BDNF.9,10
- Meeusen R, Roelands B, Spriet LL. Nestle Nutr Inst Workshop Ser. 2013;76:1'2.
- Zabelina DL, Silvia PJ. Conscious Cogn. 2020 Mar;79:102899.
- Guest NS, et al. ISSN. 2021;18:1.
- Sainz I, et al. Physiol Behav. 2020 Oct 1;224:113031.
- Graham TE. Review Sports Med. 2001;31(11):785-807.
- Smirmaul BP, et al. Eur J Appl Physiol. 2017 Jan;117(1):27-38.
- Giles GE, et al. Can J Physiol Pharmacol. 2017 Jan;95(1):93-100
- Dodd FL, et al. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2015 Jul;232(14):2563-76.
- Jokura H, et al. Nutr Res. 2015 Oct;35(10):873-881.
- Reyes-Izquierdo T, et al. Br J Nutr. 2013 Aug 28;110(3):420-5.
Not to be taken by pregnant or lactating women. Not intended for children or those sensitive to caffeine. The recommended dose of this product contains 100 mg of caffeine, about as much as 1 cup of strong coffee. Monitor other sources of caffeine such as medications, foods, or beverages while taking this product. Do not exceed the recommended serving. Do not use in combination with alcohol. If you have any health condition or are taking any medication, consult your health professional before use.
Store in a cool, dry place.
- CoffeeBerry® coffee extract is derived from Coffea arabica whole fruit and standardized to contain 70% caffeine
- Suntheanine® L-Theanine is synthetic