Biotin 8 mg.
Benefits & Features
- Supports healthy lipid and glucose metabolism
- Promotes nail strength and resistance to brittleness
- Supports nerve cell health and immune system function
- An essential metabolic co-factor
- Made with high-quality vegan ingredients backed by verifiable science
- Ages 18 and up
- Healthy metabolism support
- Nail strength and integrity support
As a dietary supplement, take 1 capsule, 1-2 times daily, with a meal.
Science & Research
Biotin is a water-soluble B vitamin that is an essential co-factor for a number of metabolic carboxylation reactions, including carbohydrate, fat and protein metabolism.1,2 Recent studies have expanded biotin's metabolic role, claiming that the vitamin maintains healthy genetic expression of the many enzymes for which it is a cofactor.3 Clinical studies indicate that biotin may adjust the cellular arrangement of the nail bed, helping to reinforce the keratin structure, promote strength and thickness, and reduce splitting.4
- Wolf B, et al. Pediatric Research. 1979. 13; 1275?1279.
- Revilla-Monsalve C, et al.Biome Pharmacother. 2006 May;60(4):182-5.
- Rodriguez-Melendez R, et al. J Nutr Biochem. 2003 Dec;14(12):680-90.
- Hochman LG, et al. Cutis. 1993 Apr;51(4):303-5.
Biotin may interfere with certain blood tests. Wait at least 8 hours between biotin consumption and blood testing. Inform your health professional about all biotin-containing supplements you are taking.
If you are pregnant or lactating, have any health condition or are taking any medication, consult your health professional before use.
Store in a cool, dry place.
- Biotin is synthetic
- Hypoallergenic plant fiber is derived from pine cellulose