Biotin Complex Hair & Skin
Benefits & Features
- In a clinical trial, improvements in depth of fine lines were detected after just 3 weeks1
- Support for hair thickness in as little as 12 weeks, according to the same study1
- Offers clinically-researched inositol-stabilized arginine silicate and magnesium biotinate complex
- Enhanced solubility biotin
- Convenient once-daily dosing
- Individuals ages 18 and up
- Healthy hair and skin support
As a dietary supplement, take 1 capsule daily, with a meal.
Science & Research
Lustriva® is a unique, patented, clinically-researched inositol-stabilized arginine silicate and magnesium biotinate complex to support hair and skin health. It contains biotin, a B vitamin that plays an important role in maintaining skin health, and silica, a mineral cofactor that plays a role in collagen integrity. In a randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blind trial of 90 healthy women (35-58 years old) with self-reported thinning hair, supplementing with 160 mg Lustriva® for 12 weeks resulted in statistically significant support for hair thickness, measured as the percentage of vellus hair (fine baby hairs), percentage of terminal hair (longer stronger hairs) and the ratio of vellus to terminal hair. Lustriva® also supported skin appearance, measured as maximal wrinkle depth, overall fine line score, and skin texture roughness. Significant improvements in depth of fine lines were detected after just 3 weeks.1 In a preclinical study, Lustriva® complex promoted hair density in mice by 23.9% on day 14 and 37.5% on day 21 compared to control.2 Hair in the active growth phase increased by 38.7% and 43% on day 14 and 21, respectively, while hair in the resting phase decreased by 26% and 31.8%. These changes were believed to be due in part to induction of the Wnt/Beta-catenin pathway, which regulates hair follicle function.2 Lustriva® provides biotin as magnesium biotinate, which is more bioavailable than standard biotin. When magnesium biotinate was given to animals, levels of biotin in the liver increased by 47% and 27% compared to the same amount of each nutrient given separately.3,4 Preclinical evidence also suggests that Lustriva® complex promotes biotin-dependent enzyme activity and may support skin protection.5
- Kalman DS, Hewlings SJ. J Clin Exp Dermatol Res. 2021;12(1).
- Demir B, et al. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2022 Feb 28:1-15.
- Ojalvo SP, et al. Curr Dev Nutrition. 2019;3(1).
- Sahin K, et al. Magnes Res. 2021;34(1):9-19.
- Cicek D, et al. Front Pharmacol. 2021;12:657207.
Biotin may interfere with certain blood tests. Wait at least 8 hours between biotin consumption and blood testing. Inform your health professional about all biotin-containing supplements you are taking. If you are pregnant or lactating, have any health condition or are taking any medication, consult your health professional before use.
Store in a cool, dry place.
- Biotin is synthetic