Benefits & Features
- Helps maintain healthy blood glucose levels already within the normal range
- Promotes healthy insulin receptor function and signaling
- Provides 550 mg of clinically-studied, enhanced bioavailability berberine phytosome
- Four times more bioavailable than standard berberine
- Made with high-quality, vegan ingredients backed by verifiable science
- Ages 18 and up
- Glucose metabolism support
- Metabolic function support
As a dietary supplement, take 1 capsule, 1-2 times daily, with or between meals.
Science & Research
Berberine UltraSorb provides Berbervis®, a berberine phytosome with enhanced bioavailability.1 Several randomized, placebo-controlled clinical studies indicate that berberine promotes healthy insulin receptor function and signaling, thereby supporting glucose metabolism.2-8 Berberine supports the activation of AMP kinase (AMPK), a central regulator of cellular energy homeostasis. This master metabolic switch is involved with maintaining healthy cardiovascular function, insulin signaling and glucose metabolism.2 Berberine also helps to maintain cholesterol levels already within the normal range.3 Clinical studies show that daily doses of 1,000-1,500 mg of standard berberine supports cardiometabolic parameters, including lipid and triglyceride metabolism and healthy blood flow.3-8 In a clinical study, berberine supplementation of 500 mg twice daily for three months provided clinically and statistically significant support for healthy lipid profiles compared to baseline.6 Berberine may also support endothelial function and colorectal health.9,10 A pharmacokinetic study in healthy adults reported that supplementation with 550 mg of Berbervis® berberine phytosome was four times more bioavailable compared to standard berberine.1
- Petrangolini G, et al. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. 2021 Nov 27;2021:7563889.
- Ma X, Chen Z, Wang L, et al. Front Pharmacol. 2018 Jul 27;9:782.
- Lan J, Zhao Y, Dong F, et al. J Ethnopharmacol. 2015 Feb 23;161:69-81.
- Zhang H, Wei J, Xue R, et al. Metabolism. 2010 Feb;59(2):285-92.
- Yin J, Xing H, Ye J. Metabolism. 2008 May;57(5):712-7.
- Zhao JV, Yeung WF, Chan YH, et al. Nutrients. 2021 Jul 26;13(8):2550.
- Derosa G, D'Angelo A, Bonaventura A, et al. Expert Opin Biol Ther. 2013 Apr;13(4):475-82.
- Rondanelli M, Riva A, Petrangolini G, et al. Nutrients. 2021 Oct 19;13(10):3665.
- Wang JM, Yang Z, Xu MG, et al. Eur J Pharmacol. 2009 Jul 1;614(1-3):77-83.
- Chen YX, Gao QY, Zou TH, et al. Lancet Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2020 Mar;5(3):267-275.
Not to be taken by pregnant or lactating women. If you have any health condition or are taking any medication, consult your health professional before use.
Store in a cool, dry place.
- Berbevis® is manufactured from Berberis aristata root extract
- Pea protein isolate is derived from Pisum sativum seed
- Lecithin is derived from sunflower
- Grape seed extract is derived from Vitis vinifera seed
- Hypo-allergenic plant fiber is derived from pine cellulose