5-HTP (5-Hydroxytryptophan) 50 mg
Benefits & Features
- Supports serotonin production & levels
- May support emotional well-being and sleep/wake cycles
- May promote healthy appetite control and eating behavior
- Small capsules for easy swallowing
- Made with high-quality ingredients backed by verifiable science
- Ages 18 and up
- Brain serotonin levels to support emotional well-being
5-HTP 50 mg
As a dietary supplement, take 1 capsule, 1-4 times daily, before meals, or as directed by a health professional.
5-HTP 100 mg
As a dietary supplement, take 1 capsule, 1-3 times daily, before meals.
Science & Research
5-Hydroxytryptophan (5-HTP) is an intermediate in the natural synthesis of the essential amino acid, tryptophan, to serotonin. The enzyme tryptophan hydroxylase adds a hydroxyl group (OH) to tryptophan, forming the 5-HTP intermediate. In the body, it converts to serotonin with the removal of a carboxyl group (COOH) by a second enzyme.1 Serotonin is an important neurotransmitter involved in the regulation of endocrine and brain activity responsible for emotion, appetite and sleep/wake cycles.2,3 In clinical studies, administration of 5-HTP supported serotonin production.4 The 5-HTP supplied in this supplement is derived from the Griffonia simplicifolia plant.
- Turner EH, et al. Pharmacol Ther. 2006 Mar;109(3):325-38.
- Bruni O, et al. Eur J Pediatr. 2004 Jul;163(7):402-7.
- Rondanelli M, et al. Eat Weight Disord. 2012 Mar;17(1):e22-8.
- Croonenberghs J, et al. Life Sci. 2005 Mar 25;76(19):2171-83.
Not to be taken by pregnant or lactating women. If you have any health condition or are taking any medication, antidepressants or other psychiatric medications, consult your health professional before use. Do not use concurrently with antidepressants.
Store in a cool, dry place.
- 5-HTP is derived from the Griffonia simplicifolia plant
- Hypoallergenic plant fiber is derived from pine cellulose